Speeding Up Android Phone in 2018July 5, 2018 8:12 am Leave your thoughts
Those who have read my previous posts will know that I now use a Blackberry KeyOne for my daily phone and I’ve been loving the usability since.
The only issue that I encountered over time is performance. I don’t think this is isolated to Blackberry rather this is an Android OS and its apps issue. I do know a few people using much more powerful phone and over time it just gets laggy. I’m talking over a period of 6 months or less.
I think I found the solutions for now since I haven’t had any lag after these steps! So I’ll share it with you all today.
- Install a different browser (I use Opera) then disable Chrome. For some reason Chrome uses so much CPU both in foreground and background. I wonder if this is because web workers job from some website, but there wasn’t a straightforward way to check.
- Check if there are some corruptions on your micro sdcard. Mine had some corrupted files due to interrupted transfer via USB. My hypothesis is that some media files got corrupted and android tried to re-index for media library. I solved this by backing up my sdcard and reformatting it.
- Install a lightweight launcher. Evie launcher is one of my favourite for super lightweight launcher.
- Enable developer mode and set the animations to .5 instead of the original.
- Install apps on internal storage only. Installing on the sdcard will slow things down and it will degrade the sdcard much faster.
With those tips above, hopefully you will be able to speed up your Android phone as well.
Categorised in: General article